The idea of leadership and investing in the lives of people is something that has been heavy on my heart lately. With graduation from college coming up shortly, I feel this is a topic God has laid on my heart for me to pursue. I'm grateful to work for a company that allows me to lead my team and yet at the same time, I am constantly learning and growing myself because of those people. This is great and exciting and I absolutely love it but I've also found it to sometimes be tricky.
The problem is that I've become almost obsessed with self-development and improving myself. We have to know ourselves in order to lead ourselves. By leading ourselves, we have the potential to lead those around us. Woo leadership! ... but not quite. What I'm finding out is that the more I focus on myself, the less I'm focusing on God. I thought all of this self-development was helping me to become the woman that God has created me to be but all I've done is taken my eyes off of Him and focused on myself. In doing so, I have completely lost sight of who I am. I may be able to pick myself apart and give you a list of "deficiencies" but I can't tell you what I'm passionate about, what makes me happy, what I enjoy doing or what I'm even good at doing. I became too fixated on me and everything that I'm not that I forgot about others and who I am in Christ. The person I knew I didn't want to be is who I became. I lost my identity and stripped myself of the everlasting joy that Christ extends to us.
I believe this is something we can all relate to to some extent. So friends, I want to encourage you in your walk with Christ. I want to remind you where and who your worth is rooted in. I urge you to run to the father who will guide you and walk alongside you as you begin to discover and embrace the potential He has instilled in you. His arms are open and He is patiently awaiting this journey. It's not something we can do alone. I can find rest knowing that my own development and leadership is dependent on the unfailing strength of Christ. The person God has created me to be is far better than whatever I conjure in my mind. How sweet is that?!

No comments:
Post a Comment