Friday, January 22, 2016

Don't Lose Sight of Who You are Trying to Please People

Being in a {more serious than the typical 18 year old} relationship has made me realize many, many things. One of those being how important it is to take care of yourself. You HAVE to love yourself before you try and love someone else. Or else it'll fall into a million pieces. Crash and burn. Hasta la vista.

I really enjoy and am sooo grateful for the opportunities that I've been given to pour into the lives of people around me. However, if I give and give and give, there's a point when I'll grow weary. I've come to realize that I can't make another person happy if I'm not happy myself.

To be quite frank with you, I haven't been doing that and it has affected every aspect of my life- my school work, my relationship with friends, a significant other, and especially my walk with Christ.

Don't lose sight of who you are by trying to take care of other people. Don't let yourself go by trying to please them. You matter and the world needs you! It needs you happy. Your body and mind need you healthy.

People come and go in life. Just because someone leaves, doesn't mean they are a bad person or were a waste of time. Every person leaves some sort of lesson with them as they go. At the end of the day, I don't know if that person will be in my life or not. I'm not saying at all to not care about the needs or wants of the people around you, but you have to remember who you are, where you come from and what YOU need otherwise you can't reach your maximum potential and make the beautiful impact you were made to create.

Love yourself. Take care of yourself. Know your worth and don't let anyone take that away from you. Protect it with everything you have within you. And remember you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment