Friday, January 22, 2016

"I really just dont know..."

(Originally October 8, 2014)

I'm the type of person who has to have everything planned out. I like to know what to expect with... well everything. I have my agenda (Lilly Pulitzer, of course) and everything is written down. I start the mornings out with my entire day planned out by the minute. I just like to have a sense of what's going on. I do not like surprises.

I'm taking a philosophy class this semester at the local community college. This class has completely opened my eyes. It's secured my own beliefs but I've really just been enjoying learning about other religions. It's also made me realize that I don't have all the answers. Now of course I already knew this, but in reality, nobody has the answers. My youth pastor doesn't. My accountability partner doesn't. My parents don't. Small group leader, etc. Like I said earlier, I like to know what's going on. In this case, I don't have a clue. At first, the fact that I didn't know the answer (or how to answer) certain theological questions bothered me until I came across Deuteronomy 29:29.

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

I read this and pondered upon it. It brought me so much comfort. Up until now, I've been dreading the day someone comes up to me and asks something about God that I simply just don't have the answer to. However, now, I'm looking forward to it.

I think what this verse implies is that we weren't meant to know everything! God only made the things we absolutely need-to-know available to us. If we were to know just as much as Him, then we are put on the same intellectual level- and we certainly are not. The things necessary for this life are in our reach, we just have to stretch out and grab them but not everything in life is a necessity.

The important thing to know is that:
1. We don't have the answers but we were never intended to.
2. God is all-knowing and all-powerful. 
3. We need to have faith in God that He knows exactly what He is doing. He has a beautiful story written out and we are solely a character in the play. I'm just a puppet. The script is already written and perfected.

It's not about me. The ultimate goal in life is to bring glory and souls to Christ. I need to fully trust God and live out the Great Commission and I do not need all the answers in order to do so! So when (its bound to happen) that Hindu in your Literature class confronts you about your faith, you can have the faith to answer him and tell him you don't know. And that's perfectly okay. I hope you guys have a fantastic week and I pray that God gives you courage and faith to step out this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment